Lets take a break from all my travel posts and let me introduce to you a travel must-have – Philippine Airline’s Mabuhay Miles Travel Card!
A couple of months ago, I was invited together with fellow Cebu Fashion Bloggers for Philippine Airlines’ big reveal – the Mabuhay Miles Travel Card. It was one exciting night as Philippine Airlines flew in media guests from Manila, Davao and Bacolod to join us Cebuanos gather at the Ocean Pavilion of the Shangri-La Mactan Resort in this big revelation.
So why is this a travel must-have?
- The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card is basically a membership and prepaid card in one! Each mile you earn with your Travel Card gives you one step closer to a free flight with Philippine Airlines.
- It will enable frequent flyers to load with cash or miles to purchase goods and avail of services of program partners.
- Earn 1 Mile for every PHP100.00 (or converted equivalent in foreign currency) spent on qualified purchases.
- Redeem your Miles for goods or services at participating Program Partners.
- The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card can hold up to 10 currencies at any given time. Load your card with:
US Dollar (USD)
Philippine Peso (PHP)
British Pound (GBP)
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
Australian Dollar (AUD)
Singapore Dollar (SGD)
Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
Chinese Yuan (CNY)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
- You can use the currencies in your Travel Card in stores worldwide that accept UnionPay. You can also use your Travel Card to withdraw cash and check your currency balance at BancNet ATMs in the Philippines and international ATMs that accept UnionPay.
According to PAL Ancillary Business Unit VP Kevin Hartigan – Go, “One can load miles and cash into the card through affiliated loading stations such as PAL Ticketing Offices and the Mabuhay Miles Service Center. BancNet ATMs will be utilized for loading – via funds transfer- of the cash component. This makes the Mabuhay Miles Travel Card the only prepaid travel card that will let you earn while spending.”
PAL Loyalty Program AVP Mayette Casanova revealed that “This product is part of the airline’s initiatives to enhance product and service offerings for our frequent flyers. The winning combination of spending, earning and redeeming miles as well as loading cash and miles makes this new product truly innovative and customer-centric.”
The Mabuhay Miles Travel Card is issued to active Mabuhay Miles members who are at least 13 years old.
This card is perfect for people like me who loves to travel and shop or even for those who likes to do both (shopping while on travel) at the same time! I can’t wait to start using my MMTC and experience the convenience and benefits that this card brings.
Once again big thanks to PAL for letting us be part of this launching. Visit the Mabuhay Miles website for more information.